Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

waste oil contaminated china clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStout

Civil/Environmental
Mar 12, 2000
DE
I've asked this question in another forum. But I didn't get any response. Maybe I was in the wrong forum.
So I ask the same question here again.
Has got anybody any idea, what one can do with china clay that is contimanted with waste oil (very high sulphur content).

Thanks in advance,

MrStout
[morning]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

An interesting question. Lemon or lemonaide. China clay has value, and so does waste oil. Are you looking for a way to use these materials or to safely dispose of them?

[peace]
I'd like to use both of them. If this is not possible, I want to recover the energy of the waste oil (burn it). But this might be difficult, because of its high sulphur content.
And what will happen to china clay. Is there any for it afterwards (maybe cement industrie,...??)

Thanks for your reply,

MrStout

Humm---, recycle instead of dispose. My instinct would lean toward consulting with contaminated soil/oil spill cleanup/haz waste mitigation types of engineers and contractors. They have ways of extracting hydrocarbons from various types of soils and media. The economics of the exercise are anyone's guess, perhaps largely dependent upon the quantities involved, and would be open market driven. Sometimes you hit a mother lode and are a hero, other times you may have to give some by-products away either because of the quality or the market is soft. Perhaps some of our other readers can give you further advice.

Hi MrStout
Are you able to give a composition of the soil/oil mixture we have a way to remediate soils and make high nitrate fertelizer out of them.I would need to check with our chemist of it would work oi your case.
best
Robert
robertf@nkosiindustrial.co.za

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back