Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Waste water in SBR plant 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZSGAMA

Chemical
Jul 23, 2007
YU
I need useful web link for design waste water treatment plant for one emulsion copolymerization SBR plant.
ZSGama

I don't know what your streams contain but if you want an idea what equipment is available for your volumes and your concentrations of COD, BOD, TSS, TDS and VOC's look at the US Filter web site which is a part of Siemans. You can also go to their website. There are some Technical Reports covering what I mentioned above. In my experience with SBR's if your stream has a large swing of concentrations or new components being introduced and others eliminated the "bugs" will not like you. It will even kill them. Then you are dead in the water (pun not intended). If your stream is consistent the "bugs" will love it and everything is fine. The cerodaphnia (I think that is the way you spell it) or flat head tests depend largely on the outfit performing the assay. Good idea to get two outfits at the beginning for comparison.

I am not familiar with SBR, but do kow a little about waste water plants. If you have a large swing in waste water composition, I recommend having a feed tank to your WWTP large enought to dampen the swings. Bugs can adapt to large loads, but don't like change.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back