Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Water conductivity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanh Tran

Industrial
Jan 7, 2021
US
Hi, our laser is Mitsubishi 3015LVP, 40CFX. We got the error ‘water conductivity’ and the laser shut down. We replaced the water in the tank, flushed the hoses, replaced the resin bag and the filter. No luck. Still have the water conductivity error. Do you think the sensor is bad or the cable connect to the sensor bad?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2027e5fa-a205-4e89-b6c6-7d019d0a8607&file=8FF83A0E-46DD-4F51-8660-908C562A7565.jpeg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maintenance clean inside the water tank. The red bar disappears but the laser still can’t be started. When the laser ready button is pressed, the alarm ‘ion exchange, please wait’, follow by the ‘water conductivity’ error then the laser shuts down.

@jacobsonse

Maybe the new cartridge filter is expired even new (we bought them long time ago). Maintenance replaced with new one and ran the chiller couple days then the error cleared.

Those LVPs used a Thermal Care Chiller which has a pre-filter cartridge that needs to be replaced every 3-4 months and it also has a DI unit with a resin sock that needs to be replaced once a year. Lots of customers forget to do this basic maintenance on their chillers.

I would contact the Mitsubishi Parts Department to get the ball rolling ASAP.

@laserkstana
Maintenance replaced both resin bag and cartridge filter but the error still occurred. Later they bought new bag and filter then ran the chiller couple days and the error gone. Maybe the bag and the filter were expired (?). My former employer owned the laser and they bought those items for stock. Then they sold the laser to my current employer. Maybe those items are too old that can’t help clearing the water. My current employer is not running the laser daily, just when needed. So the chiller is not running much. Now they let the chiller run 24/7.

Some equipment just "like" to be running reasonably continuously. At a previous job, we had an ion implanter, used for semiconductor fabrication, that only got used about once a month or so; every time preventative maintenance (PM) was required, the system would crash the next time it was used, since the PM included stress tests that would result in latent fails.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

If you run the machine everyday you wouldn't get the error/warning. You would only get this on Monday morning when the chiller has sat OFF for a period of 48 hours or more.

@laserkatana: at my previous employer, the machine ran 2 shifts per day, 5 days a week. When they sold the machine to my current employer, the new employer runs the machine rarely. Maybe weeks or months. I know that the water sits idle will cause the trouble. I told them but they didn’t listen. After fixing, now they let the chiller runs 24/7 but I change it to auto start mode. So the chiller just runs when the water temperature rises higher than the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back