Water cooled wall manufacturing technology 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algirdas13

Mechanical
May 27, 2023
LT
Hey everyone,

Currently I'm searching for best approach regarding the design of water cooled wall. I'm wondering maybe someone has encountered such structure/design? The main question for which I'm looking answer for is how to properly prepare design so that the inner and outer walls could be connected (welded) together by the same stiffening plates (in picture bellow - plates with round cutouts). I have an idea of trying to use U shape bent sheets with cut outs (example attached bellow), but such approach wouldn't look that well from outside. The walls will be applied only by hydrostatic pressure, for this reason no stay tubes are required. The gap between inner and outer wall gonna be around 80 mm. I will appreciate any insights and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Water_cooled_wall_rkgdhs.png

Idea_of_Walls_wckdeh.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What temperature?
Will there be any temp cycling?
There are a lot of different methods for building these.
It depends on how robust they need to be.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

Hey EdStainless,

The wall must be robust, the environment that this structure are gonna be used is really harsh. There will be temp cycling. The temperature of the water that will be supplied gonna be around 20 C and at the outlet, sometimes should be around 60 C.

Overlapping connections present a problem from a corrosion standpoint. Even if you can treat the water with corrosion inhibitors those tend to be film forming and can't prevent corrosion in the crevices in lapped joints where films can't form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back