Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

water hamer pictures 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkuhn

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2002
CL
Hi,

I have to give a one-hour brown-bag lunch training on water hammer (just the very basics!)
I am looking for some pics to illustrate the consequences of water hammer.
I wonder if anyone can kindly point out where to find or send me some photos with pipe/support failure due to surge.

Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you looking for information/pictures of water hammer in steam systems, go kirsner.org He has loads of excellent articles and many photographs on his website.

rkuhn....

There is a website available called "GOOGLE" ....you may not have heard of it.

A feature of "GOOGLE" enables the user to search for pictures/images based on any search term.

I suggest that you try this unique website and use the image search using terms "waterhammer", "steam hammer" and "steam system damage".

Good Luck !!!!

MJC

Thank you all for your responses.
bucs2047: I need them for November, so I have time, thanks.

MJCronin: Thanks for the sarcasm; I didn't mean to bother you with my request. Of course I google it but couldn't find anything worthy, so that's why I asked.

Best regards,
RK

You will find these difficult to obtain in the public domain. The reason is that they are invariably involved in a court case. The insurance companies want them wrapped in secrecy as part of the settlement. The people being sued dont want the m published as it reflects on them.

I find it amazing that the insurance companies dont want the stories published as it may prevent a further catastrophy and pay out.

HavIng been involved as an expert witness the photos do exist. I am always sogned up to confidentiality agreements so cannot provide details of pipes having ruptured or jumped off the rack.

Search for the catastrophy at a uranium mine in Australia where the a pipe failed due to a control function error. The pregnant liquor contaminated the surrounding area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back