Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Water treatment pressure filter vessel inspection and compliance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisc

Mechanical
Apr 18, 2024
GB
Hi all, I have a question in regards to UT inspection of pressure filters (about 3barg maximum operating pressure and fluid is water) located at a Water Treatment Works. These filters were built in 1950s. Due to some visible corrosions, we have been asked by client to arrange a survey/inspections on these vessels. Cannot see any nameplates on vessels.

I have discussed this with an inspection company and they are saying that they will do UT inspection and use ASME VIII code to calculate remaining life of vessels. I did ask them if they can use PD5500 since the client is UK based. They said that both codes are principally same and also their inspectors are more qualified with ASME VIII so they advise using ASME VIII. If client insists on using PD5500, it will result in additional charge as they need to modify their standard templates.

Has anyone came across any similar issue?. Any advice will be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Where is your inspection company working.

If they work in UK and they do no inspections with the PD requirement, that would say something.

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back