Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

waterproof 1/8 audio jack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippertony

Mechanical
Nov 2, 2006
CA
Hi, I am looking for waterproof 1/8 audio jack female receptacle. Do you know any supplier that can provide such component?

We are developping a connector box intend to be place outside and exposed to weather (rain, snow).

We do not have the choice to on the male connector since it comes from another device not from our conception. The connector should meet idealy IP 67 or 68.

Regards,

Tony

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We do not have the choice to on the male connector since it comes from another device not from our conception. The connector should meet idealy IP 67 or 68.
If the male is not specifically designed to IP67 or 68 in concert with the female (jack), the IP rating is not going to be valid. If it is, you must determine the mfr of the male and find out if they offer a corresponding female outlet.

No "rogue" males allowed...

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe." -- Abraham Lincoln
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Maybe you can change the design a bit. Place the connection vertically in a recessed hole at the bottom of the "box". While this alone will not make it "waterproof" it will surely offer quite a bit of protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back