Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Design and Process Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

justint

Electrical
Aug 17, 2007
GB
Hi

I work with PLC and SCADA applications.
Reacently we have been looking at monitoring our systems remotely, changing and monitoring variables via SMS, remote access to HMI etc.

I have been thinking strongly about making a web page that would allow me to display and alter variables from any computer with an internet interface.

However, I do not have much experience with Web Page design.
I was speaking to a friend today who mentioned he was also thinking about learning more about web design for clubs etc using a software package called Dream Weaver.

My question is, has anyone any experience of this or any other such software packages that I shold look into.

I will need to have access to the scripting etc that drives the web page in order to interface with various engineering parameters that I hope to read and change via different communications methods (FTP, broadband connection, GPRS/3G conection etc).

Thanks

Justin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

justint,

Learn HTML. Here is a good place to start. Read through the standard.

Coding HTML from a text editor is dead easy, probably easier than learning a lot of applications that generate HTML. Once you can code HTML, you can write programs that generate HTML pages. Your web page interface should be easy.

Critter.gif
JHG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back