Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Weeping Tile

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedT

Mechanical
Oct 20, 1999
US
How does one join the "sock"-covered weeping tiles?

Can you just overlap two tiles say one foot and hope that the flow upstream goes into the downstream tile offset to the side, providing it slopes say 3" in 10'?

I bought two tiles each with a sock covering the plastic tile. I opened up the knotted end to try to figure which was the top side i.e. with perforations. It looked like the openings were staggered all around the circumference.
I thought the perforations should be only on the top.

Can anyone please help me withe these questions as Donna is getting mad at me taking too long with this job.

Thanks in advance from Ted-the-perfectionist!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most perforated drain pipe is flared on one end so that there are male and female ends to each pipe. Lacking a flared end you would use a coupling. BTW the perforations are placed on the bottom so that the water doesn't have to build up to the top of the pipe before draining.

There should be pipe connectors available where you got the pipe.
Perforations top or bottom not critical, you can get "experts" arguing vehemently for either case. (I'm on the "bottom" side). With perforations all around then it doesn't matter how you orient it.
3"/10' is a lot of slope for a subdrain, though not a problem if site allows for it. Subdrains are often installed level, or 0.5% is plenty (0.05' in 10').

You might check out this site for data, specs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back