Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Weld Cheat Sheet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JF94

Structural
Sep 10, 2020
US
I was wondering if anyone had any good "weld cheat sheets" that they find useful for printout. I can always reference AWS or AISC but I was hoping to find something that at least has the weld symbols and a good visual representation of the symbol.

Any advice/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe you know about this one already but AISC's Steel Construction Manual has a pretty good section on weld symbols/callouts as well as blowups of what the actual welded connections look like in Chapter 8. It's table 8.2 in the 14th edition of the book (red book).

roby... too many jaggies in the scan, if you enlarge it... I was going to use 'blow it up' but you never know who's watching.[hourglass]

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?
-Dik

Thanks roby...

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?
-Dik

I dont practice in steel, but like anything, need the odd bit of steel here and there for odd connections to connect other things.

I hereby announce my guilt, of only specifying fillet welds & i am well versed in the welding nomenclature around the fillet, and the fillet only.

when i am afforded the opportunity to meet a welder I profess my guilt immediately and take the chance to pick their brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back