Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WELD-OLET DIMENSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gluca

Petroleum
Sep 23, 2006
IT
Good morning,
I refer to everyone who is used to work with weldolet. My question regards the interpretation of MSS SP97 standard.
In this standard, para 3.2 of 2006 edition, it's written "The run (header) pipe size is limited only by the pipe size range listed for each type fitting class". Does it mean the range of run sizes is the same as for branch outlet size (to say up to 24" for STD and XS fitting class)? Secondly, according to this standard, the height of a weldolet (face of fitting to crotch) seems to be the same, irrespective of the run size on which the branch outlet has to fit. Is it right? Does it mean that the height of a 2" STD outlet is the same for a 24", a 30" or a 48" run pipe size?
Help me to realize whether there is a standard which advise me which is to be the height of weldolet, given the run pipe size?
Thanks very much for everyone support

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

bonney lists fittings for pipe OD range and its limits of use, i believe that's the limitation
you are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back