Weld Symbol Library 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngDM

Structural
Aug 10, 2021
CA
Hey all,

I was hoping someone might have a link or resource where all weld symbols would be, in form of a stamp or something I can import to Adobe/PDF-Xchange for use when marking up connection drawings. Not sure if something like this is readily available. Just getting into connection design, gotta fill my toolbelt.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not something I've found readily available for free. If you care to look, older threads where others have asked for similar provided DWG files with some weld symbol dynamic blocks, but I haven't seen any for pdf markups specifically. Call me old fashioned, but I think it's good practice to draw them yourself on your pdf markups as you use them--you will build up a substantial library quickly.

I'm not how those work for making your own stamps but I'm guessing their similar to Bluebeam. In bluebeam, you draw a weld symbol, then select all the elements and add it to your toolbox. Every time you need to draw a new weld symbol, add that to your toolbox too. Now you have all the weld symbols at the ready.

I would look into changing to Bluebeam. The libraries and functionality is better for engineers if you are doing all your markups electronically.

The bluebeam symbols are quite sloppy if you ungroup them. Once you start making a few it is quite easy to make them better. I would not include the line/arrow in your symbol. It is easier to add that manually so you can put the symbol where ever you want. I started making a stamp with options, but my javascript skills are too poor. Someday maybe I will go back and try again using AI help.

@Brad805 - you might already know this, but (in bluebeam) you can manipulate individual objects in groups by holding ALT. E.g., say you have an arrow on your symbol and they're all grouped, you can hold alt and move the end of the arrow without ungrouping.

For weld symbols I like to have the base symbol with empty text boxes for weld size and length, then I have the weld shapes as individual tools so I can quickly 'build' the symbol. Many ways to skin a cat though.

roby... good drawing, thanks...

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back