Welded Joint Between Two Different Standards Pressure Vessels 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMMY2010

Structural
Nov 1, 2020
OM
Hello professionals,

Recently I am facing a new situation where a welded joints between two pressure vessels manufactured as per two different standards. We need to weld a nozzle from the first pressure vessel (Vessel A) to the facing nozzle in the second pressure vessel (Vessel B)

- According to its Inspection data sheet (IDS) Vessel A is manufactured according to ASME VIII Div II and Vessel B is manufactured according to AD 2000 Merkblatt.

which standard we have to follow for welding and welders qualifications ?
Which acceptance shall we use for such welding ?

Appreciating your help,
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Bizarre situation no doubt.
First step is to establish the jurisdictional boundaries, not just between the vessels but between vessels and piping.
Beyond that I don't know what to tell you.

"If you don't have time to do the job right the first time, when are you going to find time to repair it?"

Muhammed Elsayed, I don't know about AD 2000, but Sec VIII, Div 1 scope typically stops at the connection to piping or other vessels, see U-1(e)(1)(-a).

I'd say brimstoner has it right, you need to find out what the jurisdiction requires.

Regards,

Mike

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

Would you have a question if you needed to weld a pipe to either of the nozzles?

Would you have a question if you needed to connect the nozzles together with a pipe?

If the length of that connecting pipe is infinitesimally short?

Appreciating your help.
@brimstoner, @SnTMan, @MintJulep,
@r6155 by the user do you mean the owner or the main contractor ? can you clarify what you mean ?
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back