Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wet Paint Reclaimation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLCRookie

Industrial
Feb 21, 2006
US
Does anyone know of a way to reclaim wet paint from a spray application? This is an old chain-on-edge line using baked enamel. The overspray waste is tremendous. I am trying to find a way to reduce or recover the waste. Much thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think you'll find a way to reclaim wet spray that is actually practical. I may be wrong about that, and if I am, I've got lots of customers that would certainly be interested!

I think a better solution would be to work towards increasing your line density, depending on whether the shape and method of hanging the parts you are spraying will allow for increasing density. A racking manufacturer would be able to assist with this - they are in the business of helping customers reduce overspray and get more paint on the parts and less on the hooks / racks / paint booth walls. If the manufacturer of the line is still around, they may be able to help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back