Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WF5 and Info>Bill of Materials Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoukenKage

Mechanical
Apr 13, 2009
US
Hey everyone,

Per my earlier thread (see ), I've updated to Pro/E Wildfire 5 M010. This corrected the rotation speed issue that the other thread is about but the update hasn't seem to corrected another issue I have.

I've got a bom format that was used with the WF3 installation I upgraded from. This had worked fine when I used the info>bill of material method to create the html version of the bom. However, something seems to have changed when upgrading to WF5 as neither F000 or M010 date codes appear to work.

Has the format syntax changed with WF5? When I go info>bill of materials like usual with the html format set in the config.pro file I end up with a blank white page in the browser. The text format appears to work but it's missing columns. Would the fact that I'm still using the config.pro I had in WF3 have anything to do with it?

Thoughts?

~Cody

"We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we aren't going to die without good reason." - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Update:

After researching around again, I finally noticed that it was just a syntax/formatting issue with the file that I was given. Apparently the way it was constructed worked fine in WF3 but was missing details to work in WF5 so it just gave me a white page.

Now that I've got that settled, time to remake the format to be useful.

~Cody

"We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we aren't going to die without good reason." - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back