Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What are AutoCAD applications for batch drawing printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is Batchplot not part of AutoCAD anymore? We used that on roadway project with around 350 sheets. Took some time getting it setup, but once you had the DWG added in the queue list it worked very nice. I think we setup various subset, like X-Section, Plan & Profile, … and had one version for 11x17 and one for full size plots.

As far as I know the batch printing built in AutoCAD does not allow to recognize several formats (drawings) located in the model space in one file and automatically print according to the saved settings

Why would someone keep "several formats (drawings) located in the model space in one file"?

"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert"
Arthur C. Clarke Profiles of the future

Have you tried the Autocad commend "publish"? You can pick and choose which layouts in which files to print in what order. It's pretty basic, prehaps even crude... For different size plots I print to pdf and then send the pdf to either the 11 x 17 printer or the 24 x 36 plotter.

How do I use the Publish command to print multiple drawings of different formats (sizes) in Model space to different printers with a single click?

For example, there are two documents in the first four A4 drawings in the second A1 drawing and A2 drawing. All these drawings need to be printed on different plotters, how to do it with one button?

That is not how Model space is used.
You can create as many Layouts as you want, configuring the plot settings for each layout as you choose.
On each layout, you can show a portion of the contents of Model space using the MVIEW command.

Our company does not use layout space at all when working in AutoCAD. This solution has its pros and cons.
For example, you do not need to configure views for each drawing in the layout space, especially since there can be a lot of such drawings. And if you change the location of the drawing in the model space, you will need to configure it again in the layout space.

What?
You are wasting hours, just to save yourselves from trivial tasks that take minutes??
Do you know how to make templates?

AutoCAD was given the ability to store numerous layouts nearly 20 years ago. I'm amazed that there are any hold-outs against using it today.

I recommend that one or more of the people in your group or department learn basic AutoCAD drawing techniques from a proper course, and bring that knowledge back to your organization to "spread the news".
Your are only a handful of commands away from having an efficient way to solve your problem. Commands like MVIEW, MS, PS, ZOOM, ZOOM\1XP, PAN, PLOT, PUBLISH and a few others, plus a few settings that are best accomplished within the PLOT and OPTIONS dialog boxes.

I agree that we do not consciously use some AutoCAD features. Using only the space Model has both disadvantages and advantages.

So instead of all the commands you listed, we use only one application, which I gave at the beginning of the topic. I press one button in this application and go to drink tea, at this time the application finds all the drawings in the Model space (which correspond to the specified dimensions A1, A2, etc.) and sends to the corresponding plotter.

WTF-I_Know_kwb68u.jpg

If the OP has chosen to use Autocad this way, and has identifid a $7.00 program that prints what he/she wants, what is this thread for???

Well, at least thanks to this thread, I learned that the alternative to the program for $ 7 is the option offered by SparWeb. And I realized that while the program is a faster solution to the problem at least in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back