Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaCascade

Chemical
Sep 27, 2001
CA
Thank you in advance for comment.

What would the acronym LDT stand for?

This regards an RFP that refers to preparation of PFD (process flow diagrams), P&ID's (piping and instrumentation diagrams), and LDT's. Coudn't find LDT on my favourite acronym website either.

Cheers

Wayne

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Level Differential Transmitter ?

If a DP cell is used for level measurement then maybe somebody figured that LD was more appropriate (or if the level is not absolute with reference to the bottom)?

Best Regards

Morten

Thank you, Morten. It's appears likely that the original author may have made a typographical error ... such is the downfall of acronym use (or overuse?). Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...
Cheers//

I think wayne may be right even though i always called it a line list (and have seen "schedule" somewhere)

Best Regards

Morten

Ahaa!! Ureka!

Line Designation Table! That's the "thing" I like to see on the bottom of my PFD's! Yeah, the line list. Now I can see why folks may like to have it separate from PFD's, so as not to clutter PFD's ... and they call it an LDT.

Thank you very much! :)

According to the ANSI/ISA standard for letter callouts,
measured variable position L stands for level, modifier position D is differential or users choice, output fuction T stands for transmitter. Since the Second position D is users choice. The following could be true, LDT is a "level displacement transmitter" or it could be a "level differential transmitter". There ought to be a legend around somewhere that spells this out for you.

If in doubt, call the Instrument Eng. Group to decode for you.

Thank you, Saxon. It is useful to be aware of the ISA (and ANSI, too? tx) letter callout standards.
It turned out that what I had was indeed a line designation table or line list or line schedule.
A day doesn't go by without learning something :)

its all very fine with the stanard but theres a LOT of companies out there (but in the US and elsewhere) who dosnt follow standards (be they american or any other :))

The original post didnt tell you exactly where the agronym way foudn. I initially misunderstood it and though it was on a drawing but i think that was cleared in a later post.

Best regards

Morten

Morten, We just keep it simple and call it a line list. Also, it's separate from the PFD's/P&Id's. Although the P&ID/PFD lines have a line number which can be back referenced to the "Line List". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back