Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is a chemical trasar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mara21

Chemical
Oct 25, 2011
GB
Hello guys,

Please I would like a clear explanation of what is a trasar. on the net they only talk all over about the Nalco 3D trasar. But they dont explain clearly what is it and how does it work.

Specially when we talk about a trasar system for various chemical injections, is it one controller for all chemicals, or each chemical has its own trasar..?

Thank You, hope this time I've made my self clear..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At first i thought it was a spelling mistake, but it appears that NALCO has a product names TRASAR - and as far as i can see, this is a line of products for inspection of boiler systems that seems to include chemical tracers.

Try to take a look at the NALCO web pages. But also consider that you may have experience a spelling error and are mixing up TRASAR and the general term chemical tracers.

Best regards

Morten

Trasar is the nalco product which is injected into water systems which is then measured by an instrument through the loop. The measure of the remaining Trasar chemical is an indication of corrosion rate. I forget the exact mechanics but it is a weak acid and causes some slight corrosion itself.

3d Trasar is NALCOs online system which monitors chemical levels in water treatment of boilers, cooling towers, etc. It will also handle boiler blowdowns among other things. It’s usually hooked to chemical feed tanks with pumps to dispense the chemical into the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back