Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is ISO's procedure to report document and or report mistakes in the ISO Standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adammil1

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2007
US
Looking through the ISO 4126-7:2013 I am 99% sure I have found an error on the attached graph. See my little markup you can see the error when it comes to their own example problem. Simply put I believe that they have the wrong label on the wrong axis. Several other sources out there appear to confirm it, plus using their example problem with my corrections also confirms that it looks like they have their axis swapped. So is there any way to go about documenting/reporting this one to the ISO committee?

It sure took me a little while to figure this one out, and I am sure it will catch a few others off guard too.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You go to the ISO Internet site:
Then search for ISO 4126-7. When you find it, you will see that it is maintained by ISO Technical Committee 185, and that the Secretary for that committee is with ANSI in the USA. Click on the name and you will be able to send an email message stating your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back