Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What is keeping a high pressure area over the PWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

enginesrus

Mechanical
Aug 30, 2003
US
What is the mechanics that is keeping the high pressure area over the Pacific northwest?
Even the weather person mentioned its the same kinda high pressure area that happens in the summer.
This pressure area is what is keeping all the rain away from the PNW, please explain how Co2 is causing this?
Is this caused by the exhaust from all the jet airliners? I heard a flight every 3 minutes or so from just one airline.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know, but likely the increase in CO2 is heating the landmass and oceans. It is this that is likely causing the high pressure area in some manner. I don't know if the high pressure area is normal, or an anomaly.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

"please explain how Co2 is causing this?" ... it isn't, at least not directly. Some believe increased CO2 is affecting climate patterns, but a stalled HP probably isn't one.

"Is this caused by the exhaust from all the jet airliners?" ... no, emphatically, no. This is just nonsense.

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

Tug and RB... the difference in heating surfaces, causes different pressures... some higher and some lower than those adjacent. [pipe]

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

"please explain how Co2 is causing this?" ... it isn't, at least not directly. Some believe increased CO2 is affecting climate patterns, but a stalled HP probably isn't one.

"Is this caused by the exhaust from all the jet airliners?" ... no, emphatically, no.

This is just nonsense... I concur. [pipe]

-----*****-----

-Dik

Molecular activity likely keeps it well mixed...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back