Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What is the Aircraft Engineer need before the (interview) 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawki321

Sep 8, 2006
EG
i am new graduation earonutical engineering and need help from the old engineers about interview and what i need to revision before go thrue any company airline

hope all of u help me and make disscusion here

eng ahmed

thankx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

as a new graduate I wouldn't expect you to know much more than your course work. you need to know the discipline you're going to be working in (structures, electronics, systems). if you know your course work, you'll be ok; I've interviewed many new grads who didn't know basic stuff.

without being critical, i think you need to improve your english some.

good luck

Thank you very much rb1957 i will impove my my english

and tanks agian about what u tel me

but i see that all airline company need at least 5 years experience ..i dont believe that

Where thae fresh graduation engineers work then??

hope u help me and introduce your self to me

and hope i can contact with u to learn more from u

yours ahmed

My opinion is that your best chance to get a job with an airline is work at an airframe manufacturer such as Boeing or Airbus, get that 5 years of experience, then try to work for an airline maintenance organization.

Boeing and Airbus hire many new engineers every year; seems to me you have much better chance of getting one of those companies to hire you than for an airline to hire you.

Emphazise your strenghts during your interview. Also, remember that if you're an Aircraft Engineer you probably chose this because you liked this and are truly passionate about learning, employers like to hire people who not only demostrate their knowledge but can show commitment for growth.

The rule of thumb is that "if you put it down on your resume, make sure you're prepare to explain it". The best way that i have found to prepare for interviews is to go over my resume and make sure i can explain everything i have listed and have accomplished in my career. Also, a good way to impress the employer is to ask if you can prepare a presentation for your verbal interview, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your skillz in the most relevant way to the position you're applying for.

Applying for manufacturing positions can give you the exposure required to advance to the next level. This is specially true if you have not had any interships. However, make sure you keep up your skillz sharp if you plan to move to a different position. Remember, you don't have to be paid to work on what you really love, take up on aircraft hobbies, not only are they fun but they can built your experience level aswell.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back