Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What is the ANSI Standard # for Gage Calibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenchu

Industrial
Sep 10, 2006
TW
I am new in calibration. A customer asked me what ANSI standard do you use to calibrate the caliper, micrometer, depth gage, etc., I can't find the answer from the internet. What I do is according to the supplier’s spec. or catalog.

Is anyone can help me? Tell me the ANSI Spec. # for different gages or where I can find it.

Thanks a lot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

allenchu,

Here is a link to ANSI within which you can search for standards. There are numerous possibilities when it comes to Gage Calibration/Traceability/Control systems.

The brief search I did using Gage Calibration turned up ANSI/ASME B89.1.2M-1991 on the calibration of Gage Blocks.

A search using just the term Calibration brought up over 1000 hits which you could sort through. Some examples.

A-A-53420A
CALIBRATION AND VERIFICATION SYSTEM

ISO 10012:2003
Measurement management systems - Requirements for measurement processes and measuring equipment

You could also look at ISO 17025.

Regards,

See PFI ES-32
If applicable see the following:
ASME B89.1.6 Measurement of Plain Internal Diameters for Use as Master Rings and Ring Gages
ASME E 74 Standard Practice of Calibration of Force-Measuring Instruments for Verifying the Force Indication of Testing Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back