Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is the basic that should know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Many things. Safety, fluid flow, process, pressure vessel Code, physical properties, reactivity, etc. About 5-10 years experience.

Good luck,
Latexman

To a ChE, the glass is always full - 1/2 air and 1/2 water.

A good and recognised start, is to read and study API-520 Pt.1. Get familiar with the technical terms and formula requirements. If you are a professional I would also recommend getting face to face tuition. API-520 is great but there is a whole universe of SRV technology out there. Another good primer to obtain is the Anderson Greenwood Crosby Engineering Handbook, and if it's still around, The Home Study Course by same. Also look for downloading the sizing program Emerson PRV2Size. AGC Is now part of Emerson so best look up their local man. These docs do exist (I know, I helped write them years back). Good luck and enjoy SRV's!

Per ISO, only the term Safety Valve is used regardless of application or design.

Also read up API 521 - Guide to Overpressure, and / or the ISO equivalent - ISO 23251 for evaluation of overpressure scenarios and estimation of relief loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back