Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is this flanged-sleeve-bearing-like piece called? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bcannonball

Aerospace
Feb 27, 2007
US
Every few months or so, I try to find a piece of hardware that looks like this (that will not function as a flanged sleeve bearing, usually found in plastic or bronze), but I can never find it (on McMaster or wherever). I need it to be steel and small (=~1/4" OD) and it just needs to function as a protective insert in a sheetrock-like material that is tied to other objects with wire. What is this piece called and where is it available? Or what would do the function I described better? Thanks.

getfile.aspx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it's not clear from the picture, the hole is through-all. I basically need attach tiles of this high temperature sheetrock-like material together with what is basically bailing wire. The wire tends to grind at the holes' edges, so I wanted to insert some piece like this in the holes. I would also just like to know what this is called for future reference, because I seem to need it a lot.

If you don't need an extraordinarily long shank, the piece can be drawn from sheet and is called an 'eyelet'.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back