Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is this type of spring called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siress

Industrial
Jan 11, 2006
US
So I am trying to design a spring mechanism like this and would like to see if I could find a supplier in order to get them cheaper than being custom made. However, I have no earthly idea what these things are called. I would've guessed 'hinged leaf spring' or 'buckle spring' but Google doesn't seem to concur.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've heard them called leaf springs, but I don't know if that is 100% correct to this application.

It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all.

Try flat spring closure or closure spring.

Spring Closures
Sewn into the mouth of a pouch, the spring closure snaps flat to close the bag. The closure is often made of two parallel plastic strips that are held together by expandable hinges. These corners can be pushed together to expand the bag's opening, and the bag shuts by pushing the two parallel bars together. The closure is placed in between the outer fabric and the bag's lining, hidden from view. This style of closure can work well with bags that are designed to lie flat, including clutches and hobos.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back