Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What kind of triaxial test should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geot88

Geotechnical
Apr 30, 2013
EC

Hi, this is my first thread here :)
I need to analyze the soil stability of this slope. There's a 30 KM road just next to the slope (at the bottom), and I need to stabilize it. When it rains it fails and some of the soil falls to the road. Additionally, the rain destroys the pavement. Please let me know
What kind of triaxial tests do i need? UU, CU or CD ?
Here I show a small sketch. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The sketch is fairly meaningless . . . what kind of soil do you have? Residual; cohesionless; clayey? What is the angle of the slopes - both up-hill and down-hill? Need more information fjlsu !

i agree with BigH,

pls describe more for the soil condition, so the others can analyze and give the sugestion as your request.
the kind of triaxial test depend on soil type (cohesive or cohesiveless soil) and construction method (short-term or long-term,

M.A.

the CU with pore pressure measurements is the most versatile of the triaxial tests. You can derive both drained and undrained strengths. Got to pick the appropriate consolidation pressures though.

I happen to agree with the above posts though.

f-d

¡papá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back