Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What should be the layout checkpoints for Reactor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shivanya

Petroleum
Dec 12, 2019
IN
Greetings,

Can anyone provide insight on layout consideration for reactors. Also maintenance, operation and construction factors that needs to consider while fixing the layout.
step by step consideration/study like we do in column piping.
What special care needs to take in reactor piping.

Regards,
Shivanya

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"insight on layout consideration for reactors"... I am not exactly sure what this means

Are you interested in the composite layout of tanks, bins, piping, valves, pumps, steelwork, maintenance areas etc in a plant that includes a reactor ?

State exactly what you mean !!!

What is it exactly that you do with column piping ? .... You speak like we all know your current methodology.... which we don't ...

Do you follow a text book or published guideline that we should know about ?...... Please explain

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

Thank you for the speedy reply..

MJCronin : I am looking for the various check points that needs to be consider while designing reactor piping layout. Maintenance access for catalyst, thermal growth in piping and precaution to take care by providing expansion loop, maintenance access for thermowell and sample connections, Reactor elevation based on catalyst unloading nozzle are the some on the important factors to check in reactor layout.
I need through details consideration or checkpoints that will help me in fixing VERTICAL FIXED BED REACTOR layout.
Can you please help me on this?

Regards,
MEgha

Shivanya

Each reactor has its own particularities, it all depends on the service is made for. Your question is to vague, to receive a more precise answer.There are several units which use several kinds of construction, and types of catalysts, each reator depending on its work has their own particularity. We can not extrapolate blindly. Again I suppose you are dealing with sulphur units.

regards

luis

Thank you Luis for the reply!

Sorry about generalize question.Yes I am dealing with Horizontal catalytic reactor in Sulfur removal unit. Can you please Sorry about generalize question. Can you please provide the design consideration that needs to be taken care while fixing the layout.

Regards,
Shivanya

It all depends on the area you have to install your unit. If you are going to install the unit on a small ground between other units

you have to built your unit vertically in several platforms so that all the equipment needed feats conceptually in that space. If you

have enough ground and your unit is far way of other units in that case you can spread your hardwere horizontally.

luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back