Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What view setting did I happen to enable in this video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakob von Essen

Civil/Environmental
May 16, 2018
US
Hi!

In my search for a solution to the problem described in thread561-439536, I happened to enable some visualization setting that made my output frames look nicer, adding shadows and reflections to my assembly parts, see attachment. When the rendering was going on, the displayed view didn't change.

I must have accidentally disabled that same setting, because now all my renders look just like it looks when working with the assembly (with no render mode activated).

What setting did I enable?

Thank you!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f0f96411-8eb3-46fd-8711-b00a9bba2ccb&file=Sko-11.mp4
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Because I see the reflections of the table legs, it makes me think you may be using True Shading. If you right click in space it should be right above rendering style I think. You will see a silver steel looking ball icon with it.

Not sure if this is it or if thats what you are asking.

Studio display mode ?
Press right mouse button ( Not Click, press. ) in the graphics, wait for the little popup, then up left diagonal - release Right M B.
When you are used to this, you do not have to wait for the popup, only press RMB -drag in the correct direction-release.
-Efficient when you are used to it.
The regular shaded mode with edges are vertical upwards, without edges diagonal up right.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back