Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What's a cheap gpu option for inventor 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlinpose2

Computer
Jul 15, 2020
FI
I need to get another station for a new hire and I don't know what's a cheap gpu that will give no problem with inventor 2021

The pc I'm using now has a quadro p2000 4gb but for what i can see it's just wasted money that i would gladly use for other stuff (better chair/desk mainly...) i never see the gpu usage go past 15% when i open a project and i see a 25-30% if i spin the model like a bored moron.

When i need renderings and short animations i do them on keyshot and that uses the cpu so i just need a gpu to run inventor without messing with inventor studio

I know it's silly to trying to shave money off a 400€ gpu given the price of the software, but I'm on a strict budget right now
kloi [URL unfurl="true"]https://19216811.cam/[/url] [URL unfurl="true"]https://1921681001.id/[/url]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Forget the queadros they are a way of taxing the technical market for what they sell to gamers for a third of the price. Just buy a gaming card that suits your budget. Inventor is rarely if ever GPU limited unless your really try hard. I deal with very large models all the time I need as much CPU and memory as I can afford, but GPU is meh.

The IT guy doubled up on the quadros for my SWX box. At the time I kept telling him 'I could take one of those home and I wouldn't see a performance hit on it' . True so far.

moon161 said:
The IT guy doubled up on the quadros for my SWX box. At the time I kept telling him 'I could take one of those home and I wouldn't see a performance hit on it' . True so far.
True that.

Quadros can be useful for demanding Autocad models and likely other similar software. Inventor using DirectX for graphics which is gaming derived and perform thus performs fine on gaming cards. Gaming cards are generally identical to a quadros except 1/4 of the price. There are a couple of key workstation rendering options deliberately turned off on gaming cards do deliberately handicap them for workstation applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back