Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What's going on with my Carrier HAP calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

How 2 HVAC

Mechanical
May 17, 2024
CA
I've just noticed that the heat output of my people gain does not equate to my input at all.

I have set the sensible and latent heat per person to 245 and 205 Btuh respectively.

However on my table the values do not add up.

Should I not have 9,310 Btuh sensible heat gain (38*245)? And 7790 Btuh (38*205) of latent heat gain?

What am I missing here?

img_v3_02b0_9260b34e-c872-4964-8a5c-6b07a822de7h_pjwb7x.jpg
img_v3_02b0_a68f7da7-7232-49b6-8cea-26cdc9da022h_qmo1aa.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is diversity or scheduling applied?

I also think it is odd that the floor cooling load is significantly larger. Normally that is very small or not even accounted for. Or is that an uninsulated floor above a non-conditioned space? I know nothing about your project, but would look more into that.

as HVAC-novice mentioned, the schedule is applied to PEOPLE in your design
sheduled_erkqiw.jpg

The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while stupid ones are full of confidence.
-Charles Bukowski-

check your inputs. Did you manually input the people sensible/latent loads or select the type of use (office work)?

Is this zone a single room (open office space) or does it consist of multiple individual offices?
If multiple offices, how are they arranged? Any on south side of building with some on north? East/west exposures?

However, when your latent load comes to 202.5 BTH/person (7695/38) and the sensible load comes to 72.6 BTH/person (2759/38) I'm thinking it is most likely user error.
Have you tried closing HAP and restarting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back