Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When changing units, model disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyhill

Mechanical
Apr 15, 2010
US
Hello,

When I try to change the units (i.e. the default units are mm and I want to change it to inches) on an imported iges, or step file, the model disappears. I tried redrawing/regenerating and nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

try to change the units in 1:1 ratio & do a model check.
If model tree consists of the features then it should be visible....try & check ur visibility settings in view mode.....

I tried doing the 1:1 unit change and that didn't solve it either. It doesn't have any features in the model tree because it is only when importing an iges or step file that I have this problem. I will look into the visibility settings. I haven't found a work around yet.

Are you using the same configuration file for both installs of WF4 and WF5? Could it be a configuration setting? Only asking because I do that frequently (mm to inch on iges and step) without any problems and it has been working on WF3 through WF5.

Just a thought and hopefully it works out.

- J -

I believe I am using the same config file, but the problem is I had the same problem with WF 4.0 and now with WF 5.0. I tried to attach a file of a part that does it. I don't have trouble with every iges or step, just certain ones and this is one of them. So feel free to play with it and let me know if it gives you the same troubles. Thanks.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f2b37ba6-1dc2-47d8-b422-1c04b7ac257a&file=micro_usb.prt.1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back