Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find full data of gas turbines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidvia0

Petroleum
Nov 6, 2015
PL
I'm looking for a compressor, turbine and combustion chamber chracteristics of any real gas turbine (small industrial one, like Siemens SGT-100). I need to have those characteristics for two types of fuel (from gasification and natural gas). Can you tell me where should I search? (I couldnt find anything at Scoops and ASME digital)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Write the company and ask for their sales datasheets. Then read those, and find out what data you really want.

Your question is itself not clear, nor is your goal in asking it - I apologize, but I cannot quite figure out what information you're looking for either.

One key parameter for gas fuels to turbines is the Wobbe no, which in your case would vary considerably between gas obtained from a coal gasifer and natural gas.

The Wobbe number is expressed as HHV / (gas specific gravity^0.5). Expressed in US units ( Btu / std ft3), it can vary from 300 for medium btu gas to 1300 for natural gas. The range in fuel gas wobbe number acceptable to a GT should be specified by the GT manufacturer and is characteristic of the burners used in the combustion chamber.

In some cases, the acceptable range is further constrained if you have a DLE low NOx GT. Also, if you plan to make online changes to fuel gas source, the rate of change of wobbe number also may also apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back