Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find manhole cover test procedure for AASHTO H-20, HS-20? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolDude003

Mechanical
Apr 11, 2012
US
Hello all,

I work for a company that makes composite manhole covers and we would like to take testing in house. I have found a lot of ambiguous information on this and I am looking for a clear test procedure to satisfy the H-20, HS-20 standard.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try looking AASHTO "Standard Specifications for Transportation Materials and Methods of Sampling and Testing" Specification M306-10 - "Drainage, Sewer, Utility, and Related Castings" (hopefully AASHTO sells individual specss because the entire manual is $$$).

Although the spec is for metal castings they do provide information on how the test is performed for H/HS loading.

Also, look at various DOT specifications for manholes and grates. They would list the acceptance criteria, some may even provide a test prcedure.

Here's another idea: State DOT's typically maintain lists of approved products. Try calling the DOT materials engineer where your looking to market your product and find out how to get your it approved.

No problem; good luck. Sounds like a good product. In NYC Con Edison has been coating some of their manholes with epoxy due to some stray current accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back