Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do I get the commercial antenna redome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisFeng

Electrical
Feb 5, 2012
US
Usually, Microwave point to point antenna use single dielectric to model redome.(e.g. ABS or PC). And the thickness is lambda/2 of the center frequency.
In order to reduce the weight of the redome and broaden its bandwidth, we want to adopt the three layer material to cover 6G~15G/18G~42G.(outside two layers are dielectric, center layer are zero permittivity reinforcement material).
The problem is the cost,I want to buy ready-to-use commercial sheet to cut out the diameter, and do not use any multi-layer modeling procedures by myself.
Do anybody know some company can provide such multi-layer redome material? Thank you very much!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Multilayer radomes are common; real world radomes must typically be of a certain thickness to provide rigidity. So the three layer requirement is not at all unusual for self supporting radomes.

Your frequency range is quite wide - basically 6 to 42 GHz. What sort of antenna?

Have you Googled: radome materials? Seems to be more than a few companies.

E.g.
List:

Thank you for your help.
Microwave point to point antenna are mostly parabolic antennas. And according to the ETSI standard, frequency are divided to lots of bands(6G,7&8G,10&11G,13G,15G,18G,23G,26G,28G,32G,38G,42G). One reason is the waveguide operation range, the other is the premium RPE templet. Different frequency band share one common radome can reduce the general cost.

Thank you all the same. Radome for parabolic antenna is usually planar sheet. Because the high frequency, single thin sheet radome is not available due to the phase destruction becoming construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back