Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where is hole table icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berri

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2009
ES
Hi guys,

I can't load the hole table icon on NX drawing. I have the part drawn in the NX draw module.
But the hole table icon it dosen't appear and I don't know why.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you have to turn on a variable, but I don't recall the correct one right now. I don't think it was ready for "prime time" so they took it out. But don't quote me on that, lol... I dont have access to the GTAC board anymore, but if you do you can find info on it there.

Here is what I have enabled in mine... for NX6, I enabled the Hole table but I do not think I ever used it as it was not parametric at the time...

UGII_DRAFTING_HOLE_TABLE = 1

UGII_ENABLE_TRANSFORM_LEGACY_OPTIONS = 1

^^^ I needed this one so my old macro's would work correctly
[CTRL-T] now has all the old functions back on

Hi robnewcomb,

Thanks for the help, but I don't know it which archive I have to change these variables you have mention.
Can You explain me please, where I have to change these variables. I mean the steps I have to make to configure the hole table icon.

Thanks.

There are many ways to add them, you can add them to your UG start .bat file(if you use one) or edit the .cfg files(in UG install folder; not recommended).

I just add them as a user variable in windows control panel.
Goto Control Panel ->System then click on the advanced tab; Towards the bottom you'll see a Environment Variables button. Click that. Now you'll see 2 windows, One with your username and one for system. If you want to just turn them on for yourself add them as shown in the Picture below, If you want a system wide change for everyone who uses the computer you add it to the bottom window.

Just copy the text UGII_DRAFTING_HOLE_TABLE and paste into the variable name field and then enter the 1 in the Value field.

I am pretty sure that the hole table is not parametric, meaning it will not update if you change your model... I believe this is why they took it out by default. I have been out of maintenance for quite some time so it is possible that they fixed it

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5f5a018b-8a4e-4467-919d-a25a3e871041&file=enviroment.PNG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back