Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is the driving dimension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taliesin77

Mechanical
Jan 3, 2014
US
I made this part from another and mated it in an assembly to match the (16) holes in the correct position. Now I need to change the size of the holes, but they are all driven. Where is the Driving Dimension? see the attached part...

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The part has external references. it appears to be getting information from "Base Mod" particualry from the Reference Entity "SketchEntity of Base Assy with holes". You can change their size\location from there.

The -> arrow next to the feature (Cut-Extrude37->) it what says it is an external reference. When I open the file I also get a "?" next to it telling me I do not have that part\assembly on my system.

If you do not want these to be linked to the other file you can RMB click on the Feature (Cut-Extrude37) choose "Show External Reference" and click "Breal All" this will break the link. Depending on how it was modeled and what you plan on doing you may want to chose the "Insert the features of the original part(s) if references are broken". YOu may want to try with and without to see what happens.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back