Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Where to find a good industrial machinery advertising company or animation company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapExCEO

Industrial
May 11, 2023
US
Hello, everyone!
A question to all of the CEOs and other C-suite and marketing guys in CapEx machinery companies. What's a good place (besides google) to find a solid advertising company that specializes in advertising CapEx machinery, or at least an animation company that can make some animated videos for us? We need something to take to trade shows and send to prospects in our CRM, and figure out better ways to present our equipment better to different markets. Thanks in advance for your time and replies!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you considered whether/not an engineer could create the imagery/videos you're after with CAD? If so apologies, I've been sucked into supporting marketing, technical writing, and other teams many times with CAD-generated "art."

CWB1 said:
Have you considered whether/not an engineer could create the imagery/videos you're after with CAD? If so apologies, I've been sucked into supporting marketing, technical writing, and other teams many times with CAD-generated "art."
Perpetuating the misery to another generation, lol

Yes, our company purchased a software called Keyshot that one engineer learned to use to make consistent photo-realistic images of our products. Not sure if it can do animations or not. We used it for graphics of our standard products on the website - it was not worth the effort for order-specific work.

Many 3D CAD software packages have some included features for both but in my experience they leave a lot to be desired when trying to reach a level that doesn't look amateurish to a customer's eye. The included features are either limited in visual quality, slow and tedious to use, or both. Back in the early days (25 years ago) a screen capture of a 3D model with gourand shading, basic color selection, white background, and recognizable level of detail was enough to impress a customer. I think customers recoil a bit now when they see that on a production product.

Keep in mind also that the 3D models are ideally created in the 3D CAD system, and if suitably detailed models don't yet exist (good engineers don't 3D model everything just for the sake of it) you'll need to invest more in the supporting CAD work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back