Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to find help on SAP2000 v21 OAPI ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhddz

Civil/Environmental
Apr 2, 2010
CN
I am using MATLAB to access SAP2000 v21. I found that the CSI_OAPI_Documentation.chm come with the program doesn't provide enough information. And I think they are not up to date.
Where can I find more information?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest contacting the tech support group to get information about what you think is missing.

BTW, what do you think is missing?

Disclaimer:
I work on the help files for SAP2000, but I'm no expert on the OAPI. However, I do know that I'm constantly getting updates from the developers regarding modifications to various OAPI functions.

JoshPlumSE said:
BTW, what do you think is missing?

Hello, JoshJoshPlumSE:

Thank you for your help. It is nice to hear from the people from SAP2000.[bigsmile]

I am using GetDamper function in OAPI, my code is like this:
PropLink = NET.explicitCast(SapModel.PropLink,'SAP2000v1.cPropLink');
ret=PropLink.GetDamper("D1", MyDOF, MyFixed, MyNonLinear, MyKe, MyCe, MyK, MyC, MyCexp, 1, 0);

MATLAB displays error: No method 'GetDamper' with matching signature found for class 'SAP2000v1.cPropLink'.

I do not know how to fix it, and I do not know where to get help. I will try to contact the support group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back