Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to find info on a Electra-Faurndau variable speed motor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlgauto

Industrial
Apr 14, 2005
US
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find information on the Electra Faurndau variable speed motor?
This motor has a servo type motor mounted on the top side that adjusts the brush position to obtain the variable speeds. This motor type is: DNR 2/10d, speed range of 625 to 2500 rpm, H.P. of 4.7 to 18.8 hp. it is a 480 Y type, 60hz. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not know this make of motors. But the description points towards a Schrage motor.

The Schrage motor is a three-phase motor with "inverted" slip-ring fed construction and a double set of brushes that move in opposite directions to adjust speed.

See for a short description. Any detailed description doesn't seem to exist on the internet. I have a description in Swedish, with a picture showing the working of the motor and the control curves. I can send you a copy if you make your address available.

Gunnar Englund

Faurndau have a website that includes a contact facility. Send them a e-mail and ask them who the agents/suppliers are for your part of the world then put any questions you may have directly to them. I can give you the name of the UK agents if its any help but it may be classed as advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back