Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to find photographic stencils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irpheus

Electrical
Feb 15, 2009
DK
Hi all,

I may be in need of finding some photographic stencil "raw material" like this:

.. for etching experimentation. This particular stencil is useful due to flexibility so I would prefer a stencil with identical mechanical behavior.

Would anyone here happen to know where I may be able to buy the "raw" stencil material (preferably within the EU)? Or, alternatively, what product name or search terms to use on google?

Thanks a lot for reading and hopefully suggesting [wink]

Jesper

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The stencil appears to be pretty much the same as a silk screen except that electro-chemical etching is done through the screen instead of ink printing. search for silk screen supplies. Unless, you are going into business doing this it would probably be better to get the stencil made for you, which is what your link is offering.

@Compositepro: ... Hi ...& thanks for your suggestion. The thing is that this particular stencil from cougartron has some desirable mechanical qualities (soft, flexible, no adhesion, flat surface) which are just what I am looking for.

Yes, it would be nice to have it made .. However, as it is I likely will be needing some stencils over time and at least currently they are quite costly to me. Additionally, being able to just make a stencil as needed would be desirable.

So, in case someone knows what exactly this stencil is I would prefer to continue with this stencil (or if someone has a suggestion for a better version, of course).

That said - thanks again for your feedback [smile]

Jesper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back