Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where to install pro-e 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechbull

Computer
Nov 28, 2005
US
would i be better off setting up pro-e on an external hard drive so i could take it with me from home to office?

is there any license issues with this?

i do not have up to date maintnance with ptc

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Proe looks at the network interface card ID so concievably one could move both the external drive and NIC to take the license with you. If you have floating license and can reach the license server you can run Pro/E from anywhere. WF2 also allows license borrowing, this is really designed to work with a laptop.

Be sure to install Pro/E with no spaces in the path name. Certain functions still don't work properly if you install in C:/Program Files. PTC has been trying to fix this for haow many years?

If you're running a floating license on a server with Flex/LM then that allows you to checkout the license ID to use on another computer. Flex/lm calls this license borrowing. Let say you have a laptop you travel with but use a desktop for Pro/e. Flex/lm will allow you to borrow the license to use Pro/e on the laptop. Yo can find more information about this on Flex/lm's website.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back