Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Where to start with Matlab? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

my8950

Automotive
Feb 9, 2009
US
I've used the program on / off for a while now, but its all been basically manipulating other people work. Its not really a problem, but I'd like to start using it for something worthy to help me learn.
The issue is I don't really know where to start with it....Are there any books, or tutorials, something to work through examples, etc...???

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, yes, and yes. See their website.

However, your best approach ought to be a particular problem that you think might be worth implementing in Matlab.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

I would suggest something fundamental to start with.

Although, to add to the others I suggest to use Matlab for every problem you encounter. This will speed up the rate you learn. For example, if you are analyzing even something simple like a simply supported beam, do the entire setup including results and plotting in Matlab.
Before you know it you will swear by Matlab. [smile]

[peace]
Fe

Just the other day I noticed an anomaly in my electricity bill. I analysed it using a program I am learning rather than excel, just to increase my knowledge of that program. It's not really a case of 'if your only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail', but it is the quickest way to build familiarity.

Cheers

Greg Locock

SIG:please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back