Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where's the BOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvan9

Mechanical
Jan 25, 2008
GB
SW 2008 SP2.1

When I insert a BOM related to a assembly, it will show all the part numbers but only a few random descriptions. Earlier today I imported the same assembly into a drawing and added a bom, and everything looked like it suppost to. Now it will only give me a few random descriptions.

I removed the bom, and tried again, but this time there were no descriptions at all. What gives?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is odd.

I doulbe click a field, and naturaly it brings up a message. Hit OK, then I just click the rebuild button and there is my BOM Descriptions.

I also have to hit Rebuild when I bring in a part/assemlby for my contents to show in my title block. Before, (2007), I would bring in a part, and it would automatically change my set specifications.

I will never learn 2008

I have the latest driver for my Nvidia Quadro FX 540

I updated my driver to the specific specs that I am suppost to use.

I still have to "load" the assemlby after starting a bom. After I "load" the assemlby by double clicking the description field, it imports all the description data with correct fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back