Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Image Rendering Process in NX 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alj722

Aerospace
Nov 4, 2004
US
I have been trying to sort out the image rendering options in NX. There are a number of parallel routes to create a high quality image and each seems to almost get me where I want (albeit in a very convoluted way). There is Visualization, Visualize Shape, and True Shading. I thought there was a Visual Studio module as well, but I don't know where that is. I suspect that one or more of these are leftover debris from previous versions of NX. True Shading appears to be just a quick render tool. Can anyone provide some guidance on which is the current path for creating Photo-Realistic images? Is there any good source for learning the current path?

By the way, I downloaded the KeyShot demo and accomplished what I wanted in 5 minutes after 3 days of fiddling with NX. Unfortunately, I need to get some results much faster than I can get a PR through for new SW.

Thanks,

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back