Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which is the best book for BASIC THERMODYNAMICS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

icadian

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2010
Please suggest the best book for basic thermodynamics according to their personal views and also mention the speciality of the book ie theory,numericals

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I really like Smith & Van Ness "Introduction to chemical engineering thermodynamics" Even though it perhaps goes a bit further than "basic". ISBN 0-07-100303-7

Best regards

Morten

"Engineering Thermodynamics: Work and Heat Transfer"
Gordon Rogers, Yon Mayhew

As a student, I bought the recommended text from the University library, but hated it. My GF had used the above during her student years, which was much better. Shame I had to give it back when we went our separate ways really.

- Steve

By far, the best and clearest introductory book on Thermodynamics I ever read was the "bible", Heat and Thermodynamics, by Zemansky,Mcgraw Hill,1937, 1943,....1968

I believe his last edition was the 5th in 1968. Unfortunately another author, Dittman was added to the later versions with mixed reviews. I have not read it.

Zemansky, in my opinion was also a great teacher of Thermodynamics which gave me my first taste of this fascinating subject.

zekeman (Mechanical)
You answered the question relating to Thermodynamics.
I believe the authors were at CCNY.

At graduate school (CCNY) we also used Thermodynamics by Keenan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back