Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which states require NBR? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterguy

Mechanical
Nov 15, 2004
US
Which states require national board registration for ASME pressure vessels? I believe North Carolina does. Does Michigan also require it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suggest that you go to the website of both Michigan and North Carolina to check that out. I have seen a number of vessels in NC that were ASME Code stamped but not registered with the National Board.

Joe Tank

The National Board Synopsis is now a free download from their website, You must register to download some documents, but there is no charge to do so. One other easy way is to go to their website and click on Jurisdictions/our members and go the the state or Canadian province in question. There you will find links to the actual state websites plus a quick overview.

Also has links to the same and some other good reference info.

I registered and downloaded the synopsis. It was very easy and only took a few hours for my registration to clear. There is a very helpful chart showing which states require NBR. Michigan is not one of them. North Carolina is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back