Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

White Decals look gray in drawings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serspec

Mechanical
May 23, 2008
US
As the title states I'm having a problem where I will put a decal on a face in the part file and any white in it will end up looking gray in the drawing. I have messed around with the illumination settings for the image and nothing seems to work out. If anyone has any input I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm on SolidWorks 2009 SP5.0 Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

serspec,
I have had the same problem as you when using decals.

My best advice is to not mess around with the lighting settings under the 'decal' section. That affects the rendered images which aren't used in the drawings. You need to change the 'standard' (non photoworks) display settings.

Go to the Lighting Folder on the feature tree for the part.
Bump up those lighting settings and it should lighten the entire part, including decals.

Obviously this affects the color of the entire part as well as the decal, which may or may not be an issue.

Hope this helps.

Worked out great thanks alot!! Was able to offset the other objects being too bright by adjusting the settings for those materials separately. Thanks again for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back