Status
Not open for further replies.

BOUFEK

Electrical
Feb 2, 2022
NG
16519444638637707017717453800531_me8qas.jpg
Good evening sirs and Ma,
I am writing from Nigeria i am an electrical engineer, a fresher, I had a challenge yesterday with this level transmitter I wanted to check if it was working so I connected the transmitter in series with my multimeter after which I set to mA on the multimeter I was expecting it to display a value as I deep the sensor into the water but yet I didn't get any value other than 0000 and when i measured the voltage there was 24V DC

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

16519449202894700992675811788667_ozwkdg.jpg
please I also tried using a clamp meter it didn't work, please is there any way else I can test if this device is working or not, thank you I really appreciate your contributions to and suggestions.

Is that even a pressure transducer or is it an ultrasonic transducer? If pressure it's cable length is absurd.

Have you got a model number for this?

IRstuff - he wrote that he has this in series, so shouldn't the impedance of the meter be low?

I first thought he was using this to read the sensor directly and didn't apply the loop voltage, just the voltage to power the sensor, but when he mentioned series connection I thought that might not be the case.

A model number for the sensor would be a big help; maybe he will call in again.

A photo of a housing with a probe does not identify what technology or what type of transmitter is involved.

Is it a 2-wire loop powered transmitter?
Or is a 3-wire voltage output transmitter?
How do you know the output is 4-20mA and not Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus or Modbus?

If you have powered a 2-wire loop powered transmitter properly and connected the millammeter properly, then the device is not working properly because a 4-20mA loop powered transmitter never goes 0mA. It might fault low at 3.6mA, it might indicate a below zero (eng units) level at 3.9mA, but a 2-wire loop powered transmitter uses 3.5mA of the loop current to operate so it can NEVER have less than 3.5mA if it's working properly.

Hi guys good evening from Nigeria,
Actually I didn't get a timely response from this group, anyway regarding the transmitter I posted the other day, I discovered when I opened the back the terminal A and B were not connected to the electronic circuit, it was the test point A+and A- that was connected and the PLC was wired in a way that the blue cable was positive and red negative (0) so after changing the connection to the right terminal and reversing the connection that is red to A- and blue to A+ I started to get value on the transmitter, we have called expert to come do the calibration... And regarding the length of the probe,it is a level transmitter and it is used for a tank not up to 1 metre so I guess that is why the cable is short...

Thank you for your time, input and understanding...

Like I said earlier I am a fresher I want to grow I want to learn mostly instrument and automation, please guide me in the best way you can.

Thank you once more lot of love from Nigeria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back