Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wildfire 4.0 Training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHILE22

Mechanical
Sep 14, 2012
US
I'm looking for recommendations on training resources for Wildfire 4.0 (classes, books, online tutorials etc...) I'm primarily a SolidWorks user but I will be working with a client who uses exclusively Wildfire 4.0. All training classes I have found thus far are for Creo. Is there enough similarity between the two releases to make a Creo class worth taking?

Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Creo is a new interface and does not look like WF4.
WF4 was released in January 2008 and support stopped in September 2012.

Try contacting a VAR as they may have someone who can do WF4 training.
Search YouTube for WF training tutorial videos.
Search the internet for books.

Here is on I found:

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks for the input Ben.

Based on the press I've read, Creo and WF4 look entirely different. I just wanted to confirm that they were different enough to make any sort of training crossover ineffective.

I intend to speak with my VAR, I just wanted to understand the differences before they tried to sell me a Creo class that would do me no good.

For books just go to Amazon and type in "pro engineer wildfire 4.0". There are plenty to choose from. I have not used the WF4 book by Roger Toogood but earlier books by him were pretty good.

There are tons of tutorials, this site is among the best:

You can find good content on PTC's site:

There is always YouTube if it's not blocked at work.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back