Wildfire 4 on Windows 10 Laptop 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstar2020

Bioengineer
Mar 27, 2020
US
Greetings to all.
My old Laptop finally cooked. I own a seat of wildfire 4 and I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with running WF4 on a modern windows 10 laptop? I found a used dell m7730, win10 pro, i7-8850h, 32gig, quadro p3200 and was considering using it.
Yes, I get it that it is "not supported", but is there anyone out there that has done it and can give me some feedback?
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not on a laptop but I do it on my Dell Precision workstation all the time (it started life running Windows 7 and got "upgraded" to Win 10). You may have problems with graphics. I had some issues with picked items not highlighting and occasionally when I open a model from a drawing the model screen is completely blank. Just have to repaint the screen. My current graphics driver (AMD Radeon Pro 20.Q1) is much better than previous.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Hey dgallup,
Thank you for the reply. Did you ever do a fresh load of wf4 on a win 10 platform or just go through an os upgrade path on an existing configuration? My wf4 was on an xp pro laptop (yeah i know....).
I figured there would be some glitches, but if all I encounter is what you described I would call that a win and back to it!

I only install PTC products on our servers and just put a link on users desktops. Makes admin a piece of cake.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back